Thursday 6 June 2013

This is me!

In the year 1982
After my crafty divorce and the heart-wrenching pain of betrayal I tried to gather up my life.  Not so much for myself as for my 3 small kids - I could not even cry in their presence because a friend of mine had me promise never to shed tears of despair in front of the children.  I got employed and then through friends got in touch with some highly placed photographers in Calcutta - for any modelling work.  Extra income, you know.  This picture was taken at a renowned studio - it belonged to the father of a famous swimmer and now a polo player.  However, it came to nothing because i was required to forgo work for atleast a week and only rest to remove the slightest dark circles under the eyes.  As I was told the camera does not lie.  I could not take the risk of taking long leave or quitting work.  There was no guarantee I would become a well paid model.  Anyway I love this photo because at this point of my life I was married, divorced mother of 3, yet good enough to be considered for modelling.  Great morale booster, who cares what anyone says.

No comments:

Post a Comment